Our general surgery team has the training, knowledge, and experience to care for a wide variety of conditions, from cancer to obesity and surgical critical care to pediatric surgery. Our goal is to get you back on your feet and return you to normal daily life as quickly as possible.
Surgeries We Perform
Our general surgeons have expertise in multiple types of surgery, including:
- Abdominal surgery
- Bariatric (weight loss) surgery
- Cancer surgery
- Digestive tract biopsy or resection
- Endocrine system assessment and repair
- Head and neck surgery
- Hernia repair
- Pediatric surgery
- Trauma surgery
Whenever possible, we use minimally invasive surgical techniques. These methods allow us to use smaller incisions that could shorten your hospital stay and speed your recovery time.
Questions for Your Surgeon
At The Jackson Clinic, we understand that surgery can be a scary word. That's why your surgeon will take the time to explain the reason that surgery is recommended for you and review the procedure in detail. He or she will also list the benefits and risks of the surgery, how long the surgery will last, and what you can expect during your recovery.
We encourage you to talk openly with our surgeons. Consider asking your doctor:
- Is this an outpatient or inpatient surgery?
- What are the possible complications of this surgery?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used?
- Will you need any special preparation prior to surgery?
- Do you need to stop taking any medications before surgery?
- What type of care will you need at home?
- When can you expect to return to your regular activities?
- What can you do to help speed your recovery?
Our surgeons care about your comfort, so you should talk to your surgeon about pain control prior to surgery. Be sure to let him or her know what has or hasn't worked for you for any prior surgical procedures.