Professional Pediatrics at The Jackson Clinic
At Professional Pediatrics, we specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of childhood and adolescent illnesses for children from birth to graduation from high school. Our goal is to provide your children with the best, most complete pediatric care available.
Because your time is valuable, we will see your child by appointment to reduce your wait. Appointments are scheduled no more than 8 - 10 weeks in advance. Each doctor's schedule is opened on the 10th of every month for the next 2 months. If you have a doctor or time preference for routine check-ups, schedule your appointment then. Limited well appointments are available during evening hours, Tuesday through Thursday. Please schedule follow up visits for a present illness while you are in the office. If you are unable to keep an appointment, call our office as soon as possible to cancel or reschedule. Advance cancellations will allow other sick children to be seen sooner. In this way, we can best serve all of our patients.
Check-Ups and Immunizations
Check-ups are essential for your child's continuing good health. Generally, we see newborns at one and two months of age, then at four, six, nine, twelve, fifteen, and eighteen months. Two year olds should be seen every six months and once a year after three years of age. During regular check-ups, your child will receive the basic immunizations required by law and others recommended to prevent serious illness.
- X-ray (state certified)
- Medical laboratory (CLIA approved)
- Surgical repair of minor lacerations
- Routine newborn immunizations
- Routine newborn exams
- Health maintenance exams for older children and teenagers
- Sports and camp physical exams
- Pre-college exams, forms and immunizations
- Blue Slips for school admission
- In office Emergency Care on week nights, Saturday morning and Sunday afternoons
- Pulmonary function testing
- Hearing testing and tympanometry
- Vision screening
- Evaluation of Attention Deficit Disorder
- Nebulizer treatments for asthma