Urogynecology, also known as Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS), is a subspecialty that focuses on disorders of the female pelvic floor (PFD) such as pelvic organ prolapse (bulging out of the uterus and/or vagina), urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence and constipation. Pelvic floor disorders affect the bladder, reproductive organs, and bowels.
What is a urogynecology/(FPMRS) doctor?
Doctors called urogynecologists receive special training to diagnose and treat women with pelvic floor disorders. In addition to residency training, urogynecologists are board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.
Urogynecologists help improve a woman’s quality of life by treating incontinence or prolapse issues. They can recommend a variety of therapies to cure or relieve symptoms of PFDs. Choose the one that works best for your lifestyle and meets your goals.
Urogynecology Conditions We Treat
- Female incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Vaginal mesh and sling complications
- Fecal incontinence
- Pelvic floor disorders including constipation
- Kidney, bladder, and testicular cancer
- Kidney stones
- Urethral stricture disease
- General urology (Testicular/Scrotal diseases/Hydrocele)
- Male infertility
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Male hypgonadism/low testosterone